TEL. (225) 384-0693 | CONTACT
Equip your employees with the skills they need to better serve your customers, increase revenue and help your business grow.
OUR PROGRAM OFFERINGS [PRINTABLE PDF DOWNLOAD]
COMMUNICATION & LEADERSHIP OFFERINGS
When people understand the fundamental principles of communication and influence, they can immediately improve the quality of each and every interpersonal communication they have. This means better relationships in the workplace, and a much heightened experience for your customers. To facilitate this exciting and impactful transformation in your business, we offer the following programs (course outlines available upon request):
Listening & Communication Skills (1 day) - Ask any employee, middle manager, executive manager or C-level executive what the biggest challenges their organization faces are, and you will inevitably hear "communication" listed amongst the top five - if not the top two. Knowing how vital communication and, therefore, listening skills are to the success of the organization, why are they not given priority? If poor communication can literally destroy a company, why is the one thing that can save it always put on the back burner? The answer: ego. Everyone knows there is a problem, and they know what the problem is, but nobody wants to admit that they might be contributing to the problem. In this program, Duane helps participants to poke fun at the problem, break down walls with their peers and colleagues using fun and engaging activities, and then equips them with the tools and insights they need to fix the problem, once and for all. You will learn:
- How you tend to communicate naturally.
- How the people you interact with tend communicate naturally.
- How to ask great questions so you encourage others to open up and share more with you.
- How to listen actively and effectively.
- The causes of conflict, how to proactively avoid conflict and how to resolve conflict should it arise.
- How to facilitate exceptional communication practices throughout your entire organization.
The Team Building Experience (1 day)- The very same thing that keeps people from admitting they may be part of the communication problem also keeps them form working together effectively: ego. How do you get people to lower their defenses and relinquish their ego, without bruising their ego? You have them spend a day with Duane, and their colleagues, engaged in fun activities and learning designed to help them see their similarities and appreciate their differences. Your team will walk away from this presentation with the skills, tools and insights they'll need to work together like a well oiled machine, which will bring their productivity and work-life satisfaction through the roof! There's no better way to have a positive impact on your bottom line. In this one day experience, your team will:
- Learn more about themselves and their colleagues through a series of fun activities, exercises and a personalized behavioral style assessment.
- Find common ground, and similar interest that will open dialog and immediately strengthen them as a team.
- Learn the causes of conflict, how to avoid conflict and how to deescalate conflict should it arise.
- Learn best practices around listening, communication and teamwork, and gain experience using what they learn in throughout the training.
- The power of attitude in influencing, motivating and leading others.
- Play a game that will show them how to create mutually beneficial outcomes when working together.
Presentation Skills (2 days) [WATCH VIDEO OVERVIEW] - "Um . . . uh . . . you know . . . what was I going to say?" Have you ever squirmed uncomfortably in your seat as you watched a vendor, colleague, manager or good friend struggle with these common presentation pitfalls? Have you ever struggled with some of these yourself? If you have you know, all to well, how painful it can be to stand up in front of an audience, large or small, and deliver a speech or presentation. After attending this workshop, neither you nor your people will have to endure the discomfort of delivering a presentation ever again. In this two-day event, participants will:
- Learn best practices for delivering a professional presentation to their customers, supervisor, colleagues, upper management and evn a room full of people at a conference.
- Get 8-10 opportunities to deliver a presentation to the rest of the participants in the class.
- Get real time feedback for the instructor.
- Get a video recording or their presentation that will demonstrate marked improvement and skill development over the 2 days.
Negotiating a Win-Win (2 days) [WATCH VIDEO OVERVIEW] - Have you ever walked away from a negotiation feeling like you didn't get what you expected or needed to get? The thing is, negotiations don't just happen in a boardroom, around million dollar contracts, when the stakes are really high. They happen all day, every day, over something as simple as request for time off to an agreed upon bedtime with your child. Is it possible to get what you need from the negotiations you find yourself in, and strengthen the relationship in the process, by helping the other party get what they came to get? It is not only possible, it is our duty to do so once we understand the principles that help foster a win-win outcome. When you attend this 2 day event, you will learn:
- How you currently approach negotiating, in no uncertain terms.
- How to understand your negotiation style, and that of those with whom you negotiate.
- How to negotiate a win-win, even if the other party is thinking win-lose.
- What you need to prepare and anticipate before you negotiate.
- Have a plan A, plan B and plan C.
- How to add value to the other party and why that helps facilitate win-win.
- How to handle manipulative tactics that are used against you.
- A framework for navigating any negotiation, large or small, high stakes or everyday give and take.
Business Writing Skills (1 day) - You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can't get them across, your ideas won't get you anywhere." - Lee Iacocca - The Business Writing Skills course teaches the best practices business people must know to be able to write clear, effective, professional business documents, including e-mail, memos, letters, and reports. It teaches a structured approach to writing that makes writing easier and guides readers through the content. In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to communicate your ideas, in written form, clearly, concisely and with maximum influence.
- How to craft the perfect message for the audience and situation.
- A framework for writing anything professional to any audience.
- Best practices in grammar, formatting and how to properly use commonly misused words.
- How to chose the right format to communicate your message (email, text, letter, teleconference, video conference or face-to-face).
Management Skills (2 days) - You can no longer tell people what to do, just because they work for you. One of the top reasons people leave a company is because of their negative experience with their manager. - Can your managers manage and lead effectively without resorting to intimidation tactics. Do they know how to relate to, motivate and guide each individual on their team. If not, this training will help them to leverage the power of self-motivation, best delegation practices and genuine influence to lead their teams, and your organization, to greater levels of achievement and success. In this 2-day training, your managers will learn:
- What managers are, and what they ultimately do.
- The main functions of a manager.
- How to understand your management style and the influence you can have on your employees.
- What makes people tick, and how to keep them motivated.
- What to manage and how to lead.
- How to delegate effectively.
- Conflict management skills.
- How to provide empowering and uplifting feedback.
- How to coach your people to achieving greater results.
- The indispensable value of setting expectations, and making it collaboritive.
Leadership Development (2 days) - "Everything rises and falls with leadership." - John C. Maxwell - Whether it's your middle managers or your executive team that you're wanting to further develop, Duane will work with you to customize a learning plan from the John C. Maxwell curriculum (listed below). Packed with activities designed to enhance the learning experience and make training an enjoyable experience, your managers will walk away with practical insights and skills they can deploy immediately to have lasting influence throughout your organization.
Foundations in Influence: Leadership Development for Non-Leaders (1 day) - What does it take to truly have influence with people? The answer may surprise you. We influence people in direct proportion to the amount of "aligned value" we add to their lives. In this program, Duane will show you how to find out exactly what people value, how to give them more of they value and how to make yourself an indispensable part of their business, their projects and even their lives. You will learn:
- What makes you, and the people around you, tick.
- How to understand and know what others really value.
- How to add value to the lives of others.
- How service is the foundation for true leadership.
- How to get people to follow you when they don't have to (and don't want to).
Creating an Exceptional Customer Experience (1 day) - Customers - they are the lifeblood of your business! What experience are they getting whenever they interact with your brand, your people, your products & services? The customer experience extends far beyond the words, attitude and behaviors of your employees. An exceptional customer experience engages the senses and leaves the customer feeling like a pampered member of a very close family. Is that the way your customers feel about your business and your people? Have you equipped your people with skills, insights and resources they need to deliver an exceptional customer experience? After just one day with Duane, you and your employees will know exactly how to leave your customers speechless every single time they interact with your brand. In this program, participants will dive deep into learning:
- How do customers feel when they interact with you and your brand? How do you influence that?
- How to turn an irate or disgruntled customer into a raving fan, advocate for your business and brand loyalist.
- What makes you and your customers tick, and how that means everything when creating an Exceptional Customer Experience.
- How to give your customers what they REALLY want.
- 3 things that can absolutely kill your business, from a customer experience perspective.
- What Ritz Carlton, Disney and many of your favorite companies know about creating an exceptional customer experience.
Selling Skills (2 days) - [WATCH VIDEO OVERVIEW]"If you have to close, you don't know how to sell! "- Frank Rumbauskas - It's so true . . . if you have to use a "closing" technique to get your customer to sign on the dotted line, you simply don't understand this fundamental principle of human behavior: "No one likes to be sold, but everybody likes to buy s#%!" Duane absolutely abhors traditional sales training because, by it's very nature, turns otherwise great people into "transactional, robotic selling donkeys!" With more than twenty five years of successful, documented sales experience, Duane has honed, refined and perfected his refreshing approach to "helping people buy." Your sales professionals will thank you, and your revenue will soar when they attend this seminar with Duane. It truly is the best investment you can make in your business. Your sales people will get the opportunity to practice the skills they learn, in real time role play scenarios, several times throughout the two days. Specifically, Duane will teach your sales professionals:
- How to do their homework, research and ask good questions to learn what they really need to know about each customer.
- How to effectively connect, build relationship with and earn the trust of each and every customer intentionally.
- How to intelligently align with he customers buying process.
- How to partner with the customer in the solution creation process so they want to buy. "People support what they create."
- How to win more business without having to use pressure tactics or sleazy closing techniques.
NOTE: All programs are available as keynote presentations, workshops and/or training seminars.
schedule a seminar for your employees. contact us
LEADERSHIP & INFLUENCE
When you partner with Influence Seminars, you are also tapping into the wisdom of the world's foremost authority on leadership and personal development, John C. Maxwell. As a Certified John Maxwell speaker, trainer and coach, our Founder & CEO, Duane Huff, offers 6 of Dr. Maxwell's most requested programs:
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership (as a complimentary introductory presentation)
- Leadership Gold
- Put Your Dream to the Test (for Business Owners and Entrepreneurs)
- Becoming a Person of Influence
- How to be a R.E.A.L. Success
- Everyone Communicates, Few Connect
Give your leaders the insights and skills they need to have massive influence with your employees and customers (course outline available upon request).
NOTE: All programs are available as keynote presentations, workshops and/or training seminars.